July 17, 2007
Ten reasons why I love summer:
- Watermelon. I can eat as much of this as I want and not worry about calories.
- Sandals. I love any excuse to ditch the nylons that suffocate my legs.
- Suntan. I look better with a slight tan on my skin, and my arms tan very easily.
- Sunshine. I crave sunshine and warmth. Must be a slight seasonal affective disorder (SAD) in me.
- Roses. I love roses and their fragrance. In fact, any fragrant flower fills my soul with joy. Like the honeysuckle when it’s in full bloom on my back patio.
- Sundresses and skirts. That’s really two things, but they’re in the same category.
- Beaches and pools. I love to swim and be near the water and I don’t do near enough of it in the summer.
- Walking. It’s so much easier to get out and walk when it’s warm and sunny, than in the cold and rain. I am not a gym person.
- Open windows at night. I love the fresh air and summer breeze gently blowing across my room as I sleep.
- Fresh vegetables and fruit. The choices are so much better and more abundant in the summer. My faves: artichokes, zucchini, corn on the cob, nectarines, and oh, watermelon.
What are the things you love about summer?