This is the same yarn I used for the baby hats I made recently. I used the same 2×2 rib knit (128 stitches cast on) for the band, and then found a lace leaf pattern that had a stitch pattern of 8 stitches. Now, if I was really mathematical, I would have calculated out how many stocking stitches I needed to include at each end of the pattern for a nice flat seam. But oh well. It still looks really sweet on her. She can fold up the rib section too, if she wants.
Here’s a slightly blurry closeup image so you can see the lace leaf pattern.
And silly girl – I was lucky to get these few straight poses so I let her make a really funny face for the camera. She can’t sit still because she’s so excited for a new baby brother tomorrow morning.