Six Things Meme
A little slow on the uptake here… The Girl from the Ghetto tagged me with this some time ago, and I think I’ve been tagged for a couple others, but I don’t remember now. If you tagged me, please remind me.
Here are the rules:
- Link back to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post by posting links to their blog sites.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their site.
- And let your tagger know when your entry is up.
So, here are six things about me.
- I love lilacs almost as much as I love roses. Best yet are purple lilacs. I got this lilac bush for $5 at a nursery closing sale some three years ago or so. I planted it and then promptly forgot about it. It’s survived high winds, snow, whatever else, and finally, this year it’s blooming.
I love lilacs so much I wanted them at my wedding but we were married too late in May for them to still be in bloom. But my mom did make sure I had some at my bridal shower though.
- May is my favorite, yet most un-favorite, month. My birthday is this month. I was also married both times in May. Both marriages sucked. The first turned out abusive, and the second guy was, and still is, a serial non-committer. I am only grateful for the first one because, in the words of Joan Harvest, he spawned my lovely daughters for me. Thankfully, they have none of his horrible traits. My second hubby has been married twice since me, making for a total of six marriages he’s not committed to. I have no idea if he’s married still. I really don’t care. But I like May for birthdays and mother’s day. Now I have a daughter who is a mother so I can spoil her. Although, why do we call it spoiling someone? Isn’t it really cherishing them and honoring them? Yup, I think so too.
- I don’t get angry very easy and I have a hard time crying. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel, I just must have my emotion sensor turned onto low frequency. I think getting really mad is a waste of energy especially when I learned that often there’s nothing I can do to change the situation. If there is, I do what I can to make that change. I rarely cry because, well, I don’t know why. It sometimes comes unexpectedly and surprises me, like when I went to Grandparent’s day at my granddaughter’s kindergarten class. I cried when my dad died, but the next day, we were all sent to Disneyland, so therein stopped the deep crying. Maybe I was all cried out by that time anyway. How surreal was that? Grieving yet enjoying a rollercoaster ride? My dad would have wanted it that way.
- I hate shopping for purses. I had to get one this week simply because my free tote bag that my mom gave me broke and looked really tacky anyway. I needed something that gave off a bit more of a professional or put-together air rather than carrying a wallet, keys, cell phone all in my hand.
(Not what I really bought)
It took me an hour to browse the cheap purses at Target, and when I finally picked one out, when I was almost ready to check out, I went back and changed my mind. I am happy with my final $24.99 purchase.
- I’m secretly scared of being skinny. I’m secretly scared that men will find me attractive and I won’t know how to handle it. (Hell, there are a couple who are interested now, and I don’t know how to handle it.) I’m afraid that those men will be as judgmental and perfectionistic as the past men in my life and I will end up hurt again. But I’m going to be skinny anyway, and to hell with the judgmental dudes. I’ll keep my hopes alive that there are more nice guys available than jerks.
- I hate sushi. I don’t get it. Seriously. And I will never try it. Ever. Normally, I’m very open minded, but in this area, I will let my Taurus stubbornness reign. I’ll eat just about any other ethnic cuisine and enjoy it, but I won’t do sushi. My favorite cuisine? I guess I’d say Italian, and that would figure too, right? Since it’s usually high in calories, cheeses, carbs, everything else that I shouldn’t be having on my goal to being skinny.
So, there you have it. I am not going to tag people because I think all my favorite people have already been tagged.
(Also, I’m a rule breaker – so that’s #7 – cuz I just broke one of the meme’s rules. I break rules when they don’t make any sense to me. I dislike rules just for the sake of having rules. Right, that doesn’t fit here, because there’s a reason there is that rule, but still… you get my drift. I hope. )
If you want to do this, just let me know, and I’ll tag you if you want, or just let know so I can read your interesting stuff. Or, I’ll probably already know, since I probably already subscribe to your blog via RSS.