May 1, 2009
It’s a wonderful day today, for no particular reason other than the sun is out. That makes it a perfect time to list some of the fabulousness in my life today.
- My daughters. These girls have grown up to be fabulous women and my best friends.
- My mom. I’m so pleased we have finally developed a loving, warm relationship, and I frequently hear her tell me “I love you very much.” There was a day I doubt she felt that way.
- My grandkids. They are the light in my life and they keep me young and entertain me with their silliness. I am lucky they live nearby.
- Springtime. I love the flowers that are blooming, and the promise of warm Summer days that they bring.
- I’m employed. A string on my work email today tells of all the people who are “WAH” today. I’m always “WAH” (work at home). Thank you very much.
- I’m healthy. Significantly more so than I was last year.
- My beautiful crabapple tree my daughter bought me last year for my birthday survived the winter and is in full magenta bloom. (see above picture)
- I don’t care if I’m single or not. I’m living life, loving it, and having fun.
- I seem to have an incurably optimistic attitude about life. Where did that come from?
- I have more friends than I ever knew I had. In the depths of depression (years ago) I thought I had none. I realize now, it was I who stepped away.
What is fabulous in your life this Friday?